On his 82nd Birthday, here we present you 11 Lesser known Facts about Dr. Manmohan Singh.
1. Manmohan Singh was Born in Gah (now a Part of Punjab, Pakistan)
2. Manmohan Singh was the First Sikh PM of India
3. He is only the 2nd PM to be re-elected after a full 5-Year term since Jawaharlal Nehru
4*. Manmohan Singh Quit his Job from United Nations(UNCTAD) to join Delhi School of Economics as a Professor
* The above pic was during his Speech at UN.
5. Manmohan Singh can’t read Hindi. All his Hindi speeches are written in Urdu.
6. Manmohan Singh used to Study under Kerosene Lit lamps
The above pic was with his Childhood Friend.
7. He is the Most Qualified Prime Minister in India as well as the Whole World.
8. Till 1991 MMS was apolitical and Suddenly the newly elected PM P.V. Narasimha Rao elected him as the Finance Minister in his Cabinet
9. He was the man who led India successfully out of Severe Economic Crisis in 1991
10. He has 14 Honarary Degrees of D. Litt
From the Following Universities:
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Delhi University, Delhi
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Kurukshetra University
- Guru Nanak University, Amritsar
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad (Deemed University) D.Sc. (Honoris Causa)
- Doctor of Laws, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- University of Bologna, Italy
- Nagarjuna University, guntur
- University of Roorkee, Roorkee (Doctor of Social Sciences)
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University (formerly Agra University) – Doctor Letters degree
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (D.Sc)
11. Manmohan Singh has Very Long List of Awards which includes Padma Vibhushan from Government of India
Join us in Wishing our 14th Prime Minister a Very Happy Birthday.
Share Your Wishes in the Comments Section Below.